Monday, July 25, 2005

Gospel Mimes

I am the best maid of honor ever. Before you go getting all huffy about it let me explain myself. In short, my lil sis got married in July in South Florida at a hotel. At some point about mid reception I spotted a good sized group of kids in the lobby dressed all in black with white painted faces. Mimes! I love mimes! After chatting up there leader (head mime, isn't that a cool job) I deduced, firstly, that they were to perform at this enormous family reunion in the conference room across the way. And secondly, that not only were they mimes, they were "Gospel Mimes" who perform to christian rock! Twenty five dollars later they were booked to come immediately to my sisters reception as surprise performers. They rocked! Have you ever been to a wedding that has mimes? Let alone "gospel mimes"? I told you that I rock!

Please tell me about some crazy wedding happening that you have been apart of or have witnessed. The more bizarre the better!

3 comments:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

The wedding of someone I know where the bride did not show up.
And he is still having the nightmare till date.

Erika said...

Ouch! Why haves nightmares if it already happened. It can't get any worse than that. Did he go on and have a party anyways?

Anonymous said...

When blowing out the unity candle, my friend's sister caught her veil on fire. It turned out to be a symbolic event.