Friday, July 29, 2005

Wedded Bliss

Hurray! Gabby is married! I am recovered. Why is it that major family events are so great but leave you utterly drained? I love the fam and it was wonderful to see them, but damn! I haven't moved in days. I sleep in late but still I wake up tired. Today I finally woke up feeling rested. And now it begins again as today is Ruth's (my boyfriend Ross's little sister) rehearsal dinner with a wedding to follow tomorrow evening. Ross took pity on me and let me stay home this evening. I never would have allowed him that. He is a good man. And I am terrifyingly mean to him. He must get off on it or something. Sick boy. Having been witness to all of the woman in my family terrorizing their respective men at Gabrielle's wedding last weekend I, at least, know that I am not the exception. We are all terrible brats. No wonder Ross is a distance off road runner who prefers to run up mountains. That way he is assured that there is no way in hell I'd chase him on my bike! I'm way too lazy for that sort of exertion. On another note: Ross referred to our enormously fat and ill-tempered beagle Princess (hell no! we did not name her she has Ross' s sister Ruth to thank for that) as "his disgusting little baby." So I guess that I am not the only bitch subject to Ross's desultory pet names. He refers to me as either his "toxic farm animal" or sometimes if I don't shave often enough for his taste as "his porcupine cactus." I'm not telling you what I call him because he sometimes reads this and he would be mad.

1 comment:

Erika said...

He shows love in th oddest of ways