Saturday, April 29, 2006

I have reached new levels of weird

Hello friends and family. I have reached new levels of weird. In the past 3days I have been on three continents (twice in Europe), hitchhiked at an airport, drooled on a soldier, found a pickle called "hot mama" (so gross!!!) rode the same airplane for over 30 hours, rented a car and started a totally pointless road trip to Valdosta GA and been picked up by the manager at a rural Burger King. I am currently at a tres ghetto econo lodge in Kenly NC where a very loud party is happening outside my paper thin door and life is wild. But at least my car is nice! I will explain in order.

three continents: I started my 30hr work day in Germany and worked to the middle east. I then road the aircraft to another (secret :-) mid east location before riding it back to Germany and then on to Baltimore.

hitchhiking at an airport: I got lost at duty free and had to find a ride back to my airplane. I was so tired my eyeballs were bleeding. THis happens.

drooled on a soldier: I fell asleep on his shoulder. I drooled. He still tried to give me his number. I guess that a year in the desert will do that to a boy.

"Hot Mama": Never eat this pickle. As entrancing as hot mama appears...do not do this.

30 hour airplane ride: What can I say. I love the pain!

Valdosta Road Trip: My next work trip starts there. Instead of flying, like a rational person, I have decided to drive.

Burger King: I'm driving through the drive through trying to get a veggie burger. As it takes longer to prepare the nice BK girl delivers it out to my car when it is finished. She hands it to me and then hands me a piece of paper and a pen and tells me that her manager also told her to get my phone number. Smooth. And I must say, that is some worker. As Ross said "There is no "I" in "Team" at that Burger King! I truly wasn't sure whether I should be apalled or flattered. I, of course, choice flattered. Wouldn't you?


And now, of course, I am way too tired to actually sleep. But I will try.

e

p.s. I have to give a shout out to all my crazy court reporters in training over at the Sheridan Technical Center

Hey little sister! I love you!

No comments: