Sunday, June 12, 2005

Chicago weekend

Chicago rocks, kids! In spite of the intolerable heat this weekend the jazz fest more than made up for it. Excellent tunes, excellent booze and excellent pad Thai? I take pleasure where I can find it but even I was a bit perplexed by the presence of GOOD Thai food. And have you ever noticed that the city wide uniform for trendy Chicago woman mostly involves some sort of denim (be it jeans or a skirt) and some sort of black tank top? What's up with this? As a wise young singing group can be heard to say "If I had to choose a favorite color. I'd have to choose them all..." And then they finished with a rousing dance routine involving rhythmic gymnastic wands and ribbons of a rainbow of colors. Seriously, check them out. They are called 'HI 5' and they are a children's entertainment group and they are massively disturbing. I had the bizarre pleasure of catching their act at the Chicago Book Festival this weekend. Vendors there gave me free popsicles. I love popsicles.

e
pictures to be posted soon.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I've been living in Chicago for 7 years and have yet to find good Thai. Where did you go?

Found you via BlogExplosion... nice site.

Erika said...

I'll call my chicago posse and get some names and numbers for you. Check back in a few days!