Saturday, June 18, 2005

Wedding Shower Madness

Okay, I am going to the wedding shower this weekend. I tried so many terrible things to try and get out of it. For a moment I considered feigning illness and being rushed to the emergency room but at the last second I figured that that might be too much. So I am awake and mentally trying to prepare myself for the day ahead. This day consists of me, Ross's mom, R's moms best friend, and R's aunt Jean all piling into a car for close to two hours each way to head to R's little sisters wedding shower. I, of course, won't really know a single person there with the exception of family. Sounds like a thrilling way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon? Not. Sounds dreadful! I even called work to beg for a trip! That's just plain scary. Besides, I guess that I could use the money if I am taking July off. So many weddings. So much money to spend. They did assign me a trip but it doesn't start until the 24th. I'm headed for Biloxi Mississippi, Limerick Ireland, and Kuwait City. I'll post pictures as I take them so check back for them after the 24th. For those that need to know I should be back in the country on the 30th of June.

Hope your weekend is less full of tradition than mine
And, again happy birthday to my little sister GAB.
e

No comments: