Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Home at Last

Whew! Home at last. It's three in the afternoon and I am still chilling out drinking tea in my pj's. My first day home after a lengthy trip away I am completely useless. I need this time to detox and get comfortable in my own skin. The sudden stop in action sometimes feels like being stopped in mid jump by a brick wall. SLAM! But quickly the shock wears off and it feels good to be still. This last trip was just gorgeous. I had a magical birthday season. I watched the sun rise over the Himalayas, visited the seaside in Ireland and had a picnic in Hyde Park. I feel so pampered and spoiled. I love that. And now, at home, I am relaxing into lazy bliss. This is too good. It should probably be illegal.

Check out my pics on this site and at www.picturesfromtheroad.blogspot.com

e

2 comments:

c2677 said...

I like both of these blogs. I jealously enjoy any blog that has to do with travelling. I especially enjoy the pictures of sculpture, and architecture. But the honorable mention definitely goes to the "Drunken 26th Birthday Self Portrait", because it's the same sentiment of my own phtoto-blog.

-c2677

Erika said...

Drunken 26th birthday self portrait is one of my personal favorites as well. Thanks for the comments. I'm really new at this. I'm new to digital photography as well but I feel that a long as I have such a great job that allows me to see so many incredible things I owe it too myself to document it with both words and pictures to the best of my ability.