Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wednesday Music

After finally peeling myself out of bed in the early afternoon I tooled about Limerick for a few hours and then took myself out to dinner at Dolan's pub. Lucky for me Dolan's has live music practically every night of the week. They had two concert venues and traditional music playing in the bar proper. I chose the wild card event. A self proclaimed Nova Scotian hip hop artist by the name Buck65. Those of you that know me are probably surprised by this as I have never shown a propensity towards hip hop but I must say, DAMN! He was quite good. Just one skinny white dude hip hopping his heart out and spinning. Excellent lyrics. Lucky for me I managed to meet the manager for the folk singer Luka Bloom who invited me upstairs to listen in on the other concert there. Luka Bloom is wonderful, Irish and lovely. His version of "Black is the color of my true loves hair" made we sigh. Oh, thanks again for the free CD Niles!! I am listening to it right now. After leaving the pub (a girl has to sleep sometime, right?) I was offered a ride back to my hotel by two lovely Irish girls that I met in the pub. Score! Saved me 10 euros. All in all a wonderful night filled with good music and good wine. What more can a girl ask for on a five day layover?

No comments: